Certified Tour Director and photographer Mettina van der Veen will lead a small group of photo enthusiasts through one of her favorite locations in the United States.
Level of instruction during the workshop will vary depending on guests' needs. Some may just want to be taken to cool locations - others may like more instruction in the field.
This off the beaten path tour of Southern California will give you an insight into the uniqueness of this incredible area! The immense, unique and beautiful landscapes, ruins filled with stories and history, roads going off in the distance, an inland sea with surrounding ghost towns... all that and more! We will take you through some of the most fascinating and picturesque sites. You will learn about the history, the nature and life in the desert while your creative juices will spark and your photography will document an appreciation of life in the Southern California Desert!
$1895, based on double occupancy,
$700 single supplement
· 7 nights accommodations in a variety of accommodations, including 2 nights at the motel where U2 stayed when recording parts of their famous making album Joshua Tree!
· Transportation in a comfortable van
· Admissions for group scheduled activities
· All breakfasts
· Photography instruction from Michael Boatright
· Nighttime photography with Mettina